• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back In The Game !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back In The Game !

After a tough 3 months getting splinters, looks like I am back in the game, secured a contract today after a face-to-face (formality apparently after aceing the telephone interview).
    Looks like it could be fun, it's an hour away but I can get home which is the main thing.
    Still got to finalise the rate but it feels good to get one boxed off. Looks like it could be a long termer which might be useful in these uncertain times.
    Good luck to all looking !

thank god in these tough times, a job is worth it's weight in gold.

btw were u that dude that once did a contract in Blackpool or am I confusing u with someone else ?

Comment

well done sir!

Comment

Ah, some good news

I've only been looking over a week and it's early days for me, but have to admit it doesn't look too good out there.

Well done anyway fella.
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

well done. I hope you get access to cuk?

miffy -I know something will turn up soon - chin up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            well done. I hope you get access to cuk?

miffy -I know something will turn up soon - chin up.
            That should be a question at the interview I think.

I'll find something, I think I've spotted a couple of possiblities anyway.

My old permie boss phoned last week "fancy coming back we're stacked out with work". I said maybe, my daily rate is... oh no no, permie only he said.

I'm not that desperate (yet).
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Not had the misfortune to work in Blackpool, had a Sheffield gig I foolishly packed in at New Year.
              Everyone will have there own experience of the market, sometimes you bounce lucky and cant see what the fuss is about. Personally I have found it tough and next time I am out I am definately going to get some certs I need to just keep up with the market.
              Try to keep busy and keep your confidence up, it can all turn round in one phone call and you are back in business.

Comment

Glad you found something. Well done

Comment

well done luke...

and a fine job you've done in keeping that spot on the bench warm, dont forget to replace the cushion for the next one, my renewal is up in a few weeks so i might be needing the spot.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Congrats Luke!

Time to dust off the biros and shine those shoes. No wait, that's a permie thing.

Time to get the dust cover off the porsche and get a new suit tailored.

Comment

Working...
                    X