• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now that's something I haven't heard...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's something I haven't heard...

for years...

"Rag bone, rag bone"...

A rag and bone collection person has just wandered past, singing out his merry cry "Rag bone, rag bone"...

I wonder if it was Harold Steptoe with Hercules pulling the cart.

That was my selection in the "things you never hear anymore thread"

There must be a big downturn on the way
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

get in there quick, plan b idea if ever i heard one

alternatively prepare for the next great plague and start building death carts/wheelbarrows
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        for years...

"Rag bone, rag bone"...

A rag and bone collection person has just wandered past, singing out his merry cry "Rag bone, rag bone"...

Round our way, the local scrap dealer has been running a billboard poster campaign for about the last year and a half encouraging people to take in their scrap for cash. You could even win a car from the raffle tickets you got given each time you took them something!

Very nice posters too - the kind that might get banned from near busy junctions as they could distract (male) drivers too much ... if you get my drift.

Its all because China is sucking in raw materials in massive quantities and value of scrap metal has gone up so much. Boom time for the rag 'n' bone men!

This is the only link I can find I'm afraid but it might give you an idea of what I am talking about.
        http://www.redwall.co.uk/news/efs.shtml
        Last edited by WotNxt; 3 April 2008, 10:25. Reason: To add link

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          get in there quick, plan b idea if ever i heard one

alternatively prepare for the next great plague and start building death carts/wheelbarrows
          Bring out yer dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            for years...

"Rag bone, rag bone"...

The golden olden days, we used to have parades every couple of weeks, with brass bands and all. Plus a bannerman

heh ho

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X