• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dell D600 – Sim Card slot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell D600 – Sim Card slot

My Dell D600 has a sim card slot below the battery. I am therefore assuming that this is the hallowed Dell model with built in mobile broadband modem.

Anyone know if this is true, and, if so, how do I go about getting a Sim only package, ideally on PAYG? Will only be looking to use it for an hour a week when I stay over.

May be too good to be true, but, very interested in learning a little more about the laptop I have managed to liberate from a previous client!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    My Dell D600 has a sim card slot below the battery. I am therefore assuming that this is the hallowed Dell model with built in mobile broadband modem.

Anyone know if this is true, and, if so, how do I go about getting a Sim only package, ideally on PAYG? Will only be looking to use it for an hour a week when I stay over.

May be too good to be true, but, very interested in learning a little more about the laptop I have managed to liberate from a previous client!
    Second hand car salesman and a laptop liberator. You'll go far son.

Comment

You sure it's not just a sim card reader? I.e. to transfer data to and from cards and the computer?
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Or a microSD slot

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
          Or a microSD slot
          Maybe - will take a cloder look! Just seemed odd that this was below the battery, ie, you need to remove the battery to access it.

Comment

I have a D600 and can confirm its not a sim card slot, its not wide enough.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X