• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids Today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids Today

This was on the beeb today

"Children's Secretary Ed Balls and Culture Minister Andy Burnham have taken to the swings to encourage children to let their children out to play.
    Jump to Media Player"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7328556.stm

Click on the link for the video.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    This was on the beeb today

"Children's Secretary Ed Balls and Culture Minister Andy Burnham have taken to the swings to encourage children to let their children out to play.
    Jump to Media Player"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7328556.stm

Click on the link for the video.
    I think they should be arrested. There is a clear sign stating under 14s only in that playground.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

With our chubby youngsters that 14s probably means 14 stones
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        With our chubby youngsters that 14s probably means 14 stones
        Noticed when I've taken children out to play none of the children out playing are overweight. It's the ones that don't play outside that are fat.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Noticed when I've taken children out to play none of the children out playing are overweight. It's the ones that don't play outside that are fat.
          what she said.

Comment

I've been running 10k 3 times a week, and over the last couple of weeks the schools have been off. Was only thinking the other day I have hardly seen any kids playing and I run through residential areas. The playing fields and parks almost empty.

When I was on school holiday you couldn't keep me in the house, we were out on our bikes or skateboards, playing games, having fun. The lazy little chauffeur driven MacDonalds eating Wii playing barstewards!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I've been running 10k 3 times a week, and over the last couple of weeks the schools have been off. Was only thinking the other day I have hardly seen any kids playing and I run through residential areas. The playing fields and parks almost empty.

When I was on school holiday you couldn't keep me in the house, we were out on our bikes or skateboards, playing games, having fun. The lazy little chauffeur driven MacDonalds eating Wii playing barstewards!
              The Easter holidays is a different date for different schools this year so you may start seeing more children around from tomorrow.

Most of the playgrounds I run pass or have been to are full of kids under 8 with an adult sitting down reading or gossiping.

Unfortunately unless you go past a horrible area you are unlikely to find kids alone now days because their parents won't let them out. In the horrible areas the kids are allowed out until what time they like.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The Easter holidays is a different date for different schools this year so you may start seeing more children around from tomorrow.

Most of the playgrounds I run pass or have been to are full of kids under 8 with an adult sitting down reading or gossiping.

Unfortunately unless you go past a horrible area you are unlikely to find kids alone now days because their parents won't let them out. In the horrible areas the kids are allowed out until what time they like.
                Unfortunately what you say is correct.

Obviously 8 and under need parental supervision, but at what age do kids start to go out and "hang" out on their own ?

Around our way the kids hanging around seem to be 13/14+

Comment

Working...
                X