• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

at least he's honest (well, sort of)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at least he's honest (well, sort of)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7328637.stm

Licensing minister Gerry Sutcliffe has said his comments to a pub trade newspaper criticising Budget alcohol tax rises "do not reflect my views".

NL bulldaisy at it's best...

Older and ...well, just older!!

It should be compulsory to take regular (at least once a month) lie detector test for all Govt ministers starting from PM. The questions asked should be compiled with the feedback from public. Any minister caught lieing to the lie detector should go to jail for 10 years minimum.

Refusal to answer question should lead to immediate dismissal with possible investigation if the consequence of the "bad" answer was that a crime was committed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It should be compulsory to take regular (at least once a month) lie detector test for all Govt ministers ...
      It is easy to tell if they are lying - their lips move.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

He's going back on it now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7328637.stm

Quite frankly this comment is amazing!

"But in a bid to defuse the situation, Mr Sutcliffe - who did not dispute what he was reported to have said - issued a statement saying that: "My comments do not accurately reflect my views."

So does that mean that in a trade association paper he says what the members of that trade want to hear, but as soon as he gets a kicking from the powers that be he does an about turn. So presumably for 'My comments do not accurately reflect my views.' to hold true then his mouth must have its own views and can act independantly of his brain.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

New Lie came to power and have been re-elected twice by virtue of making comments that did not reflect their views. I remember Bliar saying 'we have no plans to raise taxes' , that 'we shall be whiter than white', and of course before the last election they promised a referendum on the EU constitution when obviously they had no intention of allowing at all.

When will the gullible voters learn???!!!!

Comment

For fear of merging this into the 1984 thread, but Doublethink is the act of simultaneously and fervently holding two mutually contradictory beliefs.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'm just waiting for this to happen realtime. The possibility of watching a NL minister arguing with themselves on TV is an appealing one...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It should be compulsory to take regular (at least once a month) lie detector test for all Govt ministers starting from PM. The questions asked should be compiled with the feedback from public. Any minister caught lieing to the lie detector should go to jail for 10 years minimum.

Refusal to answer question should lead to immediate dismissal with possible investigation if the consequence of the "bad" answer was that a crime was committed.
                You can take the boy out of the police state ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  New Lie came to power and have been re-elected twice by virtue of making comments that did not reflect their views. I remember Bliar saying 'we have no plans to raise taxes' , that 'we shall be whiter than white', and of course before the last election they promised a referendum on the EU constitution when obviously they had no intention of allowing at all.

When will the gullible voters learn???!!!!
                  My favourite New Labour line is "There's no evidence that this is the case."

Comment

Working...
                  X