• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent avoiding giving contract copy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent avoiding giving contract copy

Hi,

I am new to contracting and I started by going with an umberalla but within a month, I open my own limited company so had to sign my contract again with the agent. But it was been over two months now but my agent has not given my copy of the contract, he is saying that it is with the end client so cant send it back to you. As I know it, my contract is with my agent, why should it be with the end client. Does Agent also need to get their contract signed again if contractor contract changes say moves from umberall company to own limied company?

He has been paying me but I am worried that at the end of day if he refuses to pay me, what are my chances?

Why do you think he would be doing it? Is it normal? What should I do?

I think I can try finding out from end client but thought I ask you experienced people

Thanks,

He's lost it, and making up a story. You may wonder why he can't just say that? Well, that's agents for you. Once you get to know agents like us old hands, you'll be able to see through the bulltulip.

You did scan a copy in before sending it back? So no worries, you know what it says.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerinhunt View Post
      He has been paying me but I am worried that at the end of day if he refuses to pay me, what are my chances?

Quite good. Letting you start is usually considered acceptance of the terms in the contract.

Payment is an even better indicator. I took a company to small claims court as they paid into my company bank account but deducted PAYE (but they even got that wrong...muppets) and didn't pay vat.

As they paid into my bank account they couldn't claim they were employing me as it showed a business to business realtionsip as the bank details form clearly said <<Sockpuppet's Limited Company Name>> in the account name box.

Comment

Don't worry too much. Unlikely to be anything sinister here. This type of things has happened to me on more than 1 occasion. You presumably have a copy somewhere, or in your email right? Just keep on at them. Why should they stop paying you? Provided you keep sending those timesheets in and invoicing they will pay.

Comment

I've never had a signed contract returned from an agent
          - as long as they pay I don't really care

Comment

Working...
          X