• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

policing the net - spot the flaw

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

policing the net - spot the flaw

Convicted paedophiles may be required to provide their email address to the police, who will give it to social networking sites like MySpace and require them to ban the offender.

Somehow I fell that those who thought up this idea don't know much about the internet.

This level of stupidity makes me

I say sex offenders shouldn't be allowed access to computers, or if they do then they have to access it through a sex offender's proxy, or install some software on their PC which captures their IP, all their activity and restricts access to sites etc.

Comment

Or just cut their hands off.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        balls
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          balls
          Originally posted by zeitghost

Heads
          Or all of the above

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Or all of the above
            Someone in Scotland's been undertaking this sort of policy already...
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Indeed... but where to start... decisions decisions...

Does it matter as long as the end result is the same?
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Convicted paedophiles may be required to provide their email address to the police, who will give it to social networking sites like MySpace and require them to ban the offender.
                Heard this on the news this morning - Jackie Smith didn't even know enough to properly answer the presenter: "but how secure is this? I mean, email addresses are two-a-penny, it would take 5 min for someone with even the most basic knowledge to get past this". Her reply? "Well I'm not saying it's a perfect solution..." Too bloody right Jackie.

Who advises these muppets?

What a waste of time and taxpayers' money.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  Heard this on the news this morning - Jackie Smith didn't even know enough to properly answer the presenter: "but how secure is this? I mean, email addresses are two-a-penny, it would take 5 min for someone with even the most basic knowledge to get past this". Her reply? "Well I'm not saying it's a perfect solution..." Too bloody right Jackie.

Who advises these muppets?
                  "Consultants" on £2000 a day paid out of tax payers money who happen to work for big consultancy companies that also happen to donate large amounts of cash to the Labour Party. Go figure.

Comment

'Convicted paedophiles may be required to provide their email address to the police, who will give it to social networking sites like MySpace and require them to ban the offender.
                    '

lads, you're missing the point.

Email Addresses are two a penny today....

but reading between the lines and a bit of creative thought....

perhaps the plan in the future is to register email addresses to their owners like cars and houses, have a government department supplying email address only under licensed name spaces eg companies, hotmail, etc which to generate an email address require ID and proof of address etc

and voila, any email address not in a registered namespace and not carrying the registered digital signature will be captured by the ISP and not able to complete it's journey

tell me I am wrong

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X