• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Not Paying Up Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Not Paying Up Advice Needed

Hi,
    I have a problem with an agency not paying.

I decided to quit a contract a few weeks ago and rather than let me work my notice they agreed to pay me the four weeks, so i left the contract.

Now whenever i try speak to the agency about this i am ignored.

Have had no money and am a month out of pocket.

Not sure what to do next.

Any advice appreciated

Gerry

Wrong forum.

Solicitors letter.
    Small claims court.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Wrong forum.

Solicitors letter.
      Small claims court.
      Name & Shame, Client & Agency.

Comment

The important thing here is not to **** around with these people. Assuming you have made demands then the next step is to go to the small claims court. This usually gets the ball rolling.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by gtullett
          Hi,

I decided to quit a contract a few weeks ago and rather than let me work my notice they agreed to pay me the four weeks, so i left the contract.

Any advice appreciated

Gerry
          You worked somewhere 4 weeks and quit ?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

no had been there for about 4 months, and then gave one months notice, which i was entitled to do, client wasnt happy and they said they would pay me the notice.

Got all that in an email from both the client and the agency

Comment

Good, now go get yourself proper legal advice and dont much around any longer with these people.

Mailman

Comment

Appreciate the advice mailman, benn contracting for six years and this is the first time, guess i have been lucky up until now.

Still a pain in the a*se when you just want paying what is owed

Comment

Originally posted by gtullett
                  Hi,

Any advice appreciated

Gerry
                  To a greater or lesser extent it depends on the contractor. Also did you get agreement from the agency in writing before withdrawing the services in lieu of notice.

At the end of the day you are asking an agency to pay for 4 weeks service that it has not recieved.

As other posters have intimated this one may need a solicitor. I would n't want to call it enough to recommend a court small claims or otherwise.

Comment

Yes i got the agreement before leaving otherwise i would have stayed, was quite willing to work the notice.

Comment

Working...
                    X