• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding cheap flights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding cheap flights

Can anyone recommend the best place to find cheap flights? I need to travel between either Newcastle/Teeside and Las Vegas in about a month's time.

It seems I'm likely to have to make 2 stops so I'd really like to have good ways to filter results based on time etc... I don't want 2 4-hour layovers!

Are there days of the week best/cheaper to travel?

Thanks...

oh, and a few flights I am finding involve Terminal 5... is this a worry do you think?
    Last edited by d000hg; 4 April 2008, 08:39.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    oh, and a few flights I am finding involve Terminal 5... is this a worry do you think?

Yes, I would think so.....
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

T5 should be fixed by next week - you'll be fine in a month.

I don't think you can fly to vegas direct from london this time of year - virgin maybe in the summer?
      Edit - yes you can, £1000 though...

Try Expedia - last time I went to vegas flights were around £800 - looks like you're in luck on expedia £650 ish...
      Last edited by Moscow Mule; 4 April 2008, 08:47. Reason: looked it up...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Can anyone recommend the best place to find cheap flights? I need to travel between either Newcastle/Teeside and Las Vegas in about a month's time.

It seems I'm likely to have to make 2 stops so I'd really like to have good ways to filter results based on time etc... I don't want 2 4-hour layovers!

Are there days of the week best/cheaper to travel?

Thanks...

Travelocity is GREAT for long haul. booked many flights on this site, always accurate, and the best price. Got me to Oz and back with Emirates a lot cheaper than the Emirates website.

Skyscanner.net is good for short mini breaks.

Comment

One other thought – cast your net wider to consider an internal flight to London from Newcastle. Also consider direct flights to the states from Manchester – continental are a good airline, and cheap as chips. United look cheap, but not used them myself. There is also a flight from Liverpool to the states, rumoured to be reliable as the only one, and very cheap. Good luck!

Comment

Train / drive / bus to Manchester.

bmi flight direct from Manchester to Las Vegas - think it's daily.

Have a look on moneysavingexpert.com for where to look for cheap flights.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Train / drive / bus to Manchester.

bmi flight direct from Manchester to Las Vegas - think it's daily.

Have a look on moneysavingexpert.com for where to look for cheap flights.
              OK - BMI flight from Manchester to Vegas (and back) flies Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. You can get a return direct flight for under £550 in May.

Expedia allows you to do a search and order it by total travel time (so including stop overs) if you want to.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I don't want 2 4-hour layovers!
                You probably do if you want to make your connections. There are a bunch of things to consider, particularly at your port of entry into the US. I used to fly often through Newark to Montreal. Soon gave that up, scheduled layover was 2.5 hours. Regularly missed the connection. Only takes a small air traffic delay combined with a small customs delay in the US and you're stuffed.

You can get down to one hour min in Europe. Generally makeable - though it can be a problem at CDG at the moment dues to the complete chaos caused by Easy jet move from T9 to 2D. However baggage is an issue (AMS is very unreliable with baggage transfer < 90 minutes).

So, it all depends on your routing. You might find more options at opodo.co.uk if none of the other suggestions have turned up anything you like, but the BMI direct flight would be the one for me.

Comment

www.skyscanner.net

Best flight search engine there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    www.skyscanner.net

Best flight search engine there is.
                    bar Majestic-12. Your one stop search engine of choice for anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X