• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ground source heat pumps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground source heat pumps

Has anyone installed one or live in a house with one ?

Would be very interested to hear how you rate them - please PM me.

Cheers.

nope not yet

cost a fecking fortune to have and install

ultimately the water deep down gets colder

and you gotta be careful how many people in the neighbourhood have them

Milan.

Comment

Quick look shows they cost around £10K to install and save you about £800 a year in bills.

You decide if you wait that long for payback.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        Has anyone installed one or live in a house with one ?

Would be very interested to hear how you rate them - please PM me.

Cheers.
        I've heard they can cause subsidence in some circs.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          save you about £800 a year in bills.
          My newish (1990) three-bedroom flat has a gas bill of only £240 per year. Build yourself a properly insulated house and expensive heating systems will make even less sense. (Would solar heating on the roof be cheaper?)

Comment

Quick look shows they cost around £10K to install and save you about £800 a year in bills.

You decide if you wait that long for payback
            This, like all home energy solutions is not worth it. Spend the 10k on energy shares - Scottish & Southern / United Utilities etc & enjoy a yield of approx £600 to take off your energy bills.

This also requires no maintenance and is portable.

Comment

Originally posted by KackAttack View Post
              This, like all home energy solutions is not worth it. Spend the 10k on energy shares - Scottish & Southern / United Utilities etc & enjoy a yield of approx £600 to take off your energy bills.

This also requires no maintenance and is portable.

Save the £10k and the running cost. Go buy some woolly jumpers.

This also requires no maintenance and is portable

Comment

don't forget, if you want to use the heat pump you need to have under floor heating as it can't get the water to radiator level temperature

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  don't forget, if you want to use the heat pump you need to have under floor heating as it can't get the water to radiator level temperature

Milan.
                  Yeh that's why I asked cos I'm putting underfloor heating throughout Moorfield Towers, and the west paddock needs digging up and relevelling anyway so I thought I'd investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
                    ha ha ha ha

what sort of toy are you using?

Girlie says the radiators get so hot because all the bodies down there fart so much...
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X