• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four Years...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four Years...

That's what a good citizen's life is worth these days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7326439.stm

Four years 'detention'.

I'm amazed they didn't get a 'Community Service Order'.

I wonder what sentence those evil scrotes who kicked that poor goth girl to death in a park are going to get?

I really never thought I'd say this, but...

BRING BACK HANGING

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Four years, out in two and straight onto benefits for the rest of their lives.

Comment

How can it be manslaughter when the perp used a knife? What was the intent, to scratch him?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        How can it be manslaughter when the perp used a knife? What was the intent, to scratch him?
        Thats the british justice system for you. Like DP says, once they're out it'll be life of reilly on benefits.

Bagpuss you really need to sort out that avatar. There's lots of baggy images on google, bring back the fat pink cat.
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

If they just hit him I can see the reasoning for manslaughter, but they were carrying a weapon, obviously with the intent of wounding or worse. In those cases it should be upgraded to murder
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            In those cases it should be upgraded to murder
            Maybe in those cases relatives should be allowed to do exactly the same thing to those people in exchange for exactly the same sentence. It might be up to the guilty party to decide if they want to risk that to happen to them OR ask the court to give them harsher sentence in the hope it would deter relatives from doing just that.

Comment

Manslaughter == didn't mean to kill, right? If you hit someone with a bat it doesn't mean you are trying to kill them...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You've got to remember a proles life is worth much less than a blade of grass on a field belonging to TPTB.

HTH
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Maybe in those cases relatives should be allowed to do exactly the same thing to those people in exchange for exactly the same sentence. It might be up to the guilty party to decide if they want to risk that to happen to them OR ask the court to give them harsher sentence in the hope it would deter relatives from doing just that.
                  Let me guess. You have a soviet degree in law.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Kill them.

Vigilante mob lynching.

You know it makes sense!
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X