• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage fees now for standard rate deals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage fees now for standard rate deals

Skipton has just started charging £800 for its 6.7% variable rate deal. Normally these charges have only been for fix rate deals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ortgage105.xml

For the BTL sector, I've seen arrangement fees of 3% are on the cards- ouch!, though many will try to sell up to avoid this, and use the lower capital gains tax to soften the blow

"Fears emerged that the housing market faces further falls as thousands of buy-to-let property investors are planning to sell up because of new capital gains tax rules coming into force tomorrow. The tax rate falls from as high as 40 per cent to 18 per cent, which could save investors more than £20,000 in tax on any profit of £100,000."
    Last edited by Turion; 5 April 2008, 10:28.

Don't mention Skipton to me.

I once bought a bicycle in Skipton to ride home on, thinking I was still as fit as the time I used to cycle all over the place in my teens. The experience nearly killed me, and put me off bikes for life. Never been back since.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Skipton are great. I've got a cash ISA with them. Hopefully they can up the rate a bit now

Comment

Working...
      X