• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Focus is in the garage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Focus is in the garage

Had trouble getting 4th yesterday.

then, when heading along Fountain Steet Market Street pedestrian crossing, the clutch pedal stayed down and the engine was revving like crazy - pedestrians jumping out therh way. Pulled over to safety by the Arndale, clutch still stuck down.

AA called, the guy lifted it up with his foot, pumped the pedal, said all now well, carry on driving.

Took a lot of arguing with the AA to get them to drop it off at local garage and get me a hired car.

It is only 3 weeks old!!

Should hear more tomorrow. I hope the dealer finds the cause, I really do not want it back unless there is a reason for the clutch randomly staying depressed!

Got a Zafira hired car, but, thankfully they swapped for another Focus today. Never get a Zafira. Giraffe on stilts feeling.

<<canned laughter>>

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      <<canned laughter>>
      tulip! Peaked too early. Was hoping to at least get to middle age before I have that problem.

Comment

tulip squared! Used wrong account as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Had trouble getting 4th yesterday.

then, when heading along Fountain Steet Market Street pedestrian crossing, the clutch pedal stayed down and the engine was revving like crazy - pedestrians jumping out therh way. Pulled over to safety by the Arndale, clutch still stuck down. <snip>
          Can we be a little more specific regarding the location in question?

A clutch pedal staying down? I'd have thought "clutch cable" snapped, but obviously not in your case though. Not good on a new car. Have to say, since owning german motors, breakdowns just don't happen anymore. The only time it's in the garage is for a service.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
            Can we be a little more specific regarding the location in question?

A clutch pedal staying down? I'd have thought "clutch cable" snapped, but obviously not in your case though. Not good on a new car. Have to say, since owning german motors, breakdowns just don't happen anymore. The only time it's in the garage is for a service.
            It is built in Germany!

The end of the shopping street in Manchester by the Arndale Centre. Scared the life out of me, and the pedestrians!

It stayed down, but nothing broken, just stayed down and did not return back again. Very bizarre.

Wish the AA guy left it as it was found and just relayed it into the garage - they would at least have something to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
              The only time it's in the garage is for a service.

absolute rinsing of the bank account

Comment

Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
                absolute rinsing of the bank account

cocking up

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

cocking up
                  maybe as an hommage to your "ska eats google" gif you could do one with a deutsches auto eating a british wallet in front of a garage?

Comment

Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
                    maybe as an hommage to your "ska eats google" gif you could do one with a deutsches auto eating a british wallet in front of a garage?
                    Funny that you mention it - it was a german chap who made that icon

Comment

Working...
                    X