• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brilliant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant

I was browsing through the garden centre yesterday with the missus, when I spotted a garden rat-trap, right next to it was a squirrel trap. Brilliant.
    I got some nasty looks from the wife so I had to put it back on the shelf, but I will finish work early tonight and pick one up on the way home.

My plan is to catch a few, deprive them of pine cones for a few days, paint them black and then make them fight dogs. I recon 4 skwerls onto a pit bull is fair- what do you reckon ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

You're going to need more than 4 per pitbull, unless you plan on injecting them with horse steroid or something for a couple weeks first to bulk them up. Otherwise go with a minimum of 10.

Comment

Reminds me of the BBC news story:

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

Unfortunately, he was wrong.
      http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach...Ring-Fight.htm

One of the funniest BBC stories I've ever seen, even if it was fake.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The other year a lion escaped from a circus visiting London and made its way on to a council estate in Peckham. The local kids mauled it to death. They never did recover all the body as some immigrants had taken parts to eat.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

One of the funniest BBC stories I've ever seen, even if it was fake.
          That's about 1 dead midget every 27 seconds - not counting the assorted amputations and maimings.

Not a bad mornings work for Panthera Leo.

Where's the YouTube video then?

Love the morals of the Cambodian govt. "Yeah! go ahead but we ant 50% of the ticket sales"

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            The other year a lion escaped from a circus visiting London and made its way on to a council estate in Peckham. The local kids mauled it to death. They never did recover all the body as some immigrants had taken parts to eat.

The scary thing is I'm not sure if you're joking or not.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              you know what they say about eating lion parts dont you ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                you know what they say about eating lion parts dont you ?

no, what do they say?
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                  no, what do they say?
                  I dont know, that's why I was asking

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                  X