• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Intelligent Clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intelligent Clients

It seems every client is an idiot and every office is consumed by petty politics. But surely, between us, there must have been an occasional good experience. Has anyone ever encountered a good client? One that is intelligent, focused, prepared to listen and get behind the work that needs to be done?

I have to confess, for my part such a client exists only in fairy tales. I’ve to meet any client remotely matching that description.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Yes I have.

Had clients who while wanting something done were prepared to listen if it could not be done within their budget; even got some more dosh allowing it to be done.

Mind you one ends up being a little bit of a diplomat.

Comment

I had one Nottingham-based energy client who was quite good, but it was due to individuals more than anything else: my PM and his boss.

Basically who you work for directly is going to greatly affect your perception of the client's intelligence big time
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

My current clients are great. In fact they were brilliant five years ago when I first did a project for them.

Paco, I think they're looking for contractors again if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
        X