• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good night jobserve/site, Good day Smuz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good night jobserve/site, Good day Smuz

forget it!
    Last edited by trsisko; 7 April 2008, 21:24. Reason: its a crap site and im undoing the spamming!

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    http://www.smuz.com/jobs/index.cfm

Smuz.com - FREE Job Board
    As the slowing economy and growing unemployment send ad revenues falling at Monster and CareerBuilder, Smuz.com is growing rapidly with its free job posting service. As more and more people turn to new job search engines like Indeed.com to find their next career move, paying expensive fees to get your job on major sites is becoming harder to justify.
    "The idea grew out of pure frustration," says Smuz creator, Paul Pickthorne. "As a recruiter for 15 years, I often didn't have the budget to advertise all the jobs I was working on. Now that job seekers are increasingly using job search engines like Indeed, SimplyHired or Jobster instead of visiting job sites directly, it's the perfect time to offer a free alternative. Those job seekers don't care which site a job is on, they are all listed in the search results the same way. Why pay CareerBuilder hundreds of dollars for a single page of HTML? It makes little sense."

Launched under a month ago, Smuz already has thousands of companies listing jobs on the site including household names like Marriott, Allstate and ADP. With job search engines totaling over 7 million unique visitors a month, the future of traditional job boards is looking bleak. Smuz even competes on features with the major sites. Email notifications and one-click-apply features both come as standard. Smuz is one of a growing breed of websites that are shaking up markets by using Google AdSense to remaining free while generating profit for its owners.

Posted Apr 7, 2008 12:55 PM PST
    Category: COMPUTERS/INTERNET/SECURITY
    , Category: ECONOMY
    Me, me, me...

Comment

http://www.smuz.com/jobs/index.cfm

Smuz.com - FREE Job Board
      As the slowing economy and growing unemployment send ad revenues falling at Monster and CareerBuilder, Smuz.com is growing rapidly with its free job posting service. As more and more people turn to new job search engines like Indeed.com to find their next career move, paying expensive fees to get your job on major sites is becoming harder to justify.
      "The idea grew out of pure frustration," says Smuz creator, Paul Pickthorne. "As a recruiter for 15 years, I often didn't have the budget to advertise all the jobs I was working on. Now that job seekers are increasingly using job search engines like Indeed, SimplyHired or Jobster instead of visiting job sites directly, it's the perfect time to offer a free alternative. Those job seekers don't care which site a job is on, they are all listed in the search results the same way. Why pay CareerBuilder hundreds of dollars for a single page of HTML? It makes little sense."

Launched under a month ago, Smuz already has thousands of companies listing jobs on the site including household names like Marriott, Allstate and ADP. With job search engines totaling over 7 million unique visitors a month, the future of traditional job boards is looking bleak. Smuz even competes on features with the major sites. Email notifications and one-click-apply features both come as standard. Smuz is one of a growing breed of websites that are shaking up markets by using Google AdSense to remaining free while generating profit for its owners.

Posted Apr 7, 2008 12:55 PM PST
      Category: COMPUTERS/INTERNET/SECURITY
      , Category: ECONOMY
      So, have I understood this correctly - Smuz and the like search existing job boards e.g. Jobserve, Total Jobs etc and extract the results and present them to the user.

If so, if the job boards fold, so do the job board search engines.

Also, what is to stop the job boards blocking the job board search engines crawler?

As an aside, does anyone use these sites - Indeed, Simply Hired etc? Any good?

Comment

If it means that companies are free to post their jobs, rather than pay an agency or advert fee, then I personally don't have a problem with it and I am pleased that this option exists.

I can't imagine that rec cons will be pleased, but their business model is no longer relevant.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

This model works in the States..but over here I wonder how they'll survive without a 0870 number.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Well I think that is a load of crap
            threenine.co.uk
            Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              I can't imagine that rec cons will be pleased, but their business model is no longer relevant.
              methinks there's a large dose of wishful thinking there.

tim

Comment

forget it!
                What made you post a link to that dire pile of tulipe?

Did you actually think that was a good website?

Oh Dear.

Comment

Working...
                X