• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bagpuss vs sasguru

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagpuss vs sasguru

Clearly Bagpuss wins

Bagpuss tops TV creature survey

Bagpuss was invented in 1974 by Peter Firmin and Oliver Postgate

Cult cloth cat Bagpuss has been voted the favourite children's TV animal of all-time in an online poll.

More than 1,100 people took part in the survey, which saw the baggy moggy purr ahead of Tom and Jerry, Winnie the Pooh and the Magic Roundabout team.

DangerMouse, Shaun the Sheep and Paddington Bear came next, and they were followed by Top Cat, Scooby-Doo and Basil Brush.

The poll was organised to mark the launch of CBeebies Animals magazine.

"The fact that nostalgic brands feature so heavily in the top 10 is a testament to the strong relationships viewers form with characters they come across as children," said associate publisher Ceri Murray.

Bagpuss was previously named the most popular children's TV programme of all-time in a BBC poll conducted nine years ago.

Only 13 episodes were ever made, all of which were screened for the first time in the UK in 1974.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7335357.stm

---

Now we need to get out own Bagpuss to get back his avatar or switch back to his alt account - sadguru

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Now we need to get out own Bagpuss to get back his avatar or switch back to his alt account - sadguru

Clearly there is only one Bagpuss, and the one we've got is a rather camp looking sailor. Whatever floats his boat.

Reminds me of a famouse quip from Lilly Langtry when she was a mistress of Edward VII (Bertie):

Bertie once complained to her, "I've spent enough on you to build a battleship," whereupon she tartly replied, "And you've spent enough in me to float one."

Straight out of the Groucho Marx school of classic retorts.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Bagpuss is too pleasant and clever to be sadguru, asswipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        Bagpuss is too pleasant and clever to be sadguru, asswipe.
        Ah the intellectually-challenged one is back
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Have I been sleep arguing again?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Have I been sleep arguing again?

You looked a lot better before you had a shave.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              You looked a lot better before you had a shave.
              He looks like Captain Jack's plaything.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                He looks like Captain Jack's plaything.
                Probably got bored with the rubber doll
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X