• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do organ recipients take on their donor's personality traits?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do organ recipients take on their donor's personality traits?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

A man who received the transplanted heart of a suicide victim has killed himself in exactly the same way.

Friends of Mr Graham said he had not shown any signs of being depressed.

Scientists say there are more than 70 documented cases of transplant patients having personality changes as they take on some of the characteristics of the donor.

Last month, a woman from Lancashire claimed her literary tastes changed radically following a kidney transplant.

Cheryl Johnson used to enjoy celebrity biographies and best sellers such as The Da Vinci Code.

But now she prefers classics such as Jane Austen's Persuasion and Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment.

Character changes in transplant recipients are known as cellular memory phenomenon.

However, medical experts are sceptical about the concept and insist there is little convincing evidence.

What does our "expert" panel think? Maybe 25% drop in house prices?

Yes, but why is a little bit of a mystery at the moment.

Same with blood transfusions.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It's easy - the bint's a mad serial killer. Aren't they all?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        It's easy - the bint's a mad serial killer. Aren't they all?
        Agreed.

And the woman who changed her taste in books realised that cos she now has a chance to live longer she may as well read books that take her longer to read.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          What does our "expert" panel think? Maybe 25% drop in house prices?
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Maybe 25% drop in house prices?
            Would anyone else care to make quantative predictions like DP has above. i.e how long and how far house prices will drop, and also when the next boom will start?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Would anyone else care to make quantative predictions like DP has above. i.e how long and how far house prices will drop, and also when the next boom will start?
              No.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                No.
                ^^WHS^^
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  also when the next boom will start?
                  Not long now. Question is will it be the Yanks again?

Iran's Ahmadinejad Aims for 6,000 New Centrifuges, AFP Reports

By Jonathan Tirone

April 8 (Bloomberg) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Persian Gulf country is installing 6,000 new advanced centrifuges at its Natanz uranium-enrichment facility, Agence France-Presse reported.

Iran has already installed 3,000 of an older version of the centrifuges, fast-spinning machines that separate uranium-235 isotopes for nuclear fuel, at the Natanz site. The International Atomic Energy Agency reported in February that Iran was testing a newer version of the machines.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

My wife didn't suddenly start wanting to drive a Rover or start hankering after the times when everybody left their doors unlocked or how the summers were hotter etc when she was given her mums kidney.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X