• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cash ISA date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash ISA date

Slightly off topic:

I applied (3 times - don't ask) for a Barclays cash ISA last week (i.e. last tax year), and specified the account I wanted the money to come from. Barclays are my personal bank, so there shouldn't be any delay.

But as of today, they haven't taken the money from my account. So is the date counted for tax the actual date the money is paid in (i.e. I've missed out), or are they reasonable enough to take the date of application? The application did give the option of specifying the tax year.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

It is the date they stamped the account as being opened, not the date money arrived. You will be fine.

TM

Comment

They probably have a backlog of applications.

I had the same issue last year, the applicaion date is the key.

Comment

As the others have said, the important date is the date that they accept the contract, not the date that you supply the funds.

Comment

Working...
        X