• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had to see auditors with no warning?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had to see auditors with no warning?

That is what just happened to me.

Boss away on a course so I had to fill in.

Boss’s boss swooping around me, hence I had no idea as to what I could, should, and should not say due to no briefing before the meeting.

What a fluck-up!

It's okay, they just want to test your car, if it was A3 you'd get a payraise already...

Comment

<<canned laughter>>
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

During an audit answer only the questions asked, truthfully, with the minimal possible actual information. I.e. tell the truth, but not the whole truth. If you need to research the answer, tell them you'll get back to them.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sounds like your manager has taken a strategic holiday ... and asa contractor you may have been sacrificied for the Greater Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            <<canned laughter>>
            ^^WHS^^
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Sounds like your manager has taken a strategic holiday ... and asa contractor you may have been sacrificied for the Greater Good.
              He is a permie. Still, it could be a permie sacrifice...
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                He may be permie, but in the first year a permie can be fired very easily, especially during "trial period" - no recourse to Employment Tribunal unless you worked at least 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  He may be permie, but in the first year a permie can be fired very easily, especially during "trial period" - no recourse to Employment Tribunal unless you worked at least 1 year.

Yep ... permanent just means you dont have a fixed end date to your contract (but still have a notice period) and if youve been on the ranch less than a year they can bin you as easilly as sticking a pin in a camel.

But its all for the greater good ...

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    Make it happen. When they ask you a question, say "Yes, he said you were going to ask about that. Then he left quickly. Have you seen him?"
                    When you encounter speed humps, sound your horn in protest.

Comment

Working...
                    X