• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aussie visa problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie visa problem

I'm supposed to be going to Oz in september, but trailfinders wouldnt progress my visa application on Sunday.
    They have forwarded my details to the Oz embassy for checking

has this happened to anyone here ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I'm supposed to be going to Oz in september, but trailfinders wouldnt progress my visa application on Sunday.
    They have forwarded my details to the Oz embassy for checking

has this happened to anyone here ?
    Holidays or working? You should be able to get an ETA over the internet almost instantaneously. (Assuming you're an average Brit).
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

You need a Visa? I would ahve thought you could get one on arrival... unless you are a dodgy nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Holidays or working? You should be able to get an ETA over the internet almost instantaneously. (Assuming you're an average Brit).
        holiday, and my ETA was blocked

I am obviously of exemplary character and no criminal convictions etc
        never overstayed

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          You need a Visa? I would ahve thought you could get one on arrival... unless you are a dodgy nationality.
          Nope

Unless you include Brits as "dodgy"
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            You mean like a kiwi?
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              holiday, and my ETA was blocked

I am obviously of exemplary character and no criminal convictions etc
              never overstayed

See the linky above - apparently they're putting a few randoms in for "extra" checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                See the linky above - apparently they're putting a few randoms in for "extra" checks.
                wow, I'm random. thats like 1million points of street cred. Fck me I'm fkin random.
                my teenage kids will be well impressed

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Did you check those boxes saying something along the lines "1) I engaged on war crimes, 2) I took part in terrorist acts, 3) I sold drugs etc"? If so then it might explain.

Comment

Went in December. Travel agent sorted it all in a couple hours

Comment

Working...
                    X