• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best phone ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best phone ?

http://www.htc.com/www/press.aspx?id=33988&lang=1033

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...ne-review.html

Comment

Nokia N95 ? Seems to have everything except a touch screen, although I have heard it can be a bit fragile, and apt to slide open in your pocket.

I'd get a Blackberry if they had a prepaid option. (Apparently there's something called a Sidekick, which is very similar to a blackberry and can be used prepaid. But I'd only want the latest model, the 8800 (?), so that's Blackberry out of the running.)

P.S. Anyone know what the new Nokia N95S has that the N95 doesn't? I've heard the camera isn't as good, which seems a step backwards.

P.P.S Don't get me started on the Xda IIs! The one I currently use has an infuriating feature in that after each call you make it pops up a box to show your remaining credit. But this happens after a few seconds, and if you've turned off the phone it turns it back on again! So you end up having to turn it off twice each time!! (But what can you expect from a phone running Windows for Mobiles?)
      Last edited by Marina; 8 April 2008, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
        Nokia N95 ? Seems to have everything except a touch screen, although I have heard it can be a bit fragile, and apt to slide open in your pocket.

I'd get a Blackberry if they had a prepaid option. (Apparently there's something called a Sidekick, which is very similar to a blackberry and can be used prepaid. But I'd only want the latest model, the 8800 (?), so that's Blackberry out of the running.)

P.S. Anyone know what the new Nokia N95S has that the N95 doesn't? I've heard the camera isn't as good, which seems a step backwards.

P.P.S Don't get me started on the Xda IIs! The one I currently use has an infuriating feature in that after each call you make it pops up a box to show your remaining credit. But this happens after a few seconds, and if you've turned off the phone it turns it back on again! So you end up having to turn it off twice each time!! (But what can you expect from a phone running Windows for Mobiles?)
        n95 is for amateur female contractors. TYTN is the thing.

Comment

The HTC TyTn II is a pretty decent device, borrowed a mates a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised.

N95 is a bit of an unstable beast from what I hear.
          That boy go raaaaaaa
          Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

S11HT EMONSTER
            Oh dear. That's an unfortunate name for the model....
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I just picked up an LG KU990 Viewty which is quite nice and unlike the iPhone, I just took the SIM card out of the old one and stuck it in and voila, I was away. Seems to have more functions than the iPhone as well, possibly.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I've had my HTC S710 for over a year and it is pretty decent. Pin-thumbs would help at times though...
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Have had my Tytn II since late October,

it has Tomtom navigator on it no probs which is sooo useful, camera is good but slightly slow in shutter speed (i.e the nokia w810i is far better for pub type pics), the sound on it is carp, very tinny so not that great as a mobile ipod style phone but thats the only bad points, on the plus side, the flippy out keyboard and adjustable screen angle is brilliant, it has a very stable operating system, office mobile is very useful, the touch screen very accurate, internet can be viewed very well, connectivity wise it has everything 3G/wireless LAN/modem/HSDPA..

generally im very impressed and would recommend one as a mobile office, if your after something that will mainly be used as an ipod/camera phone then go for Nokia w900..
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    if your after something that will mainly be used as an ipod/camera phone then go for Nokia w900..

N95

Comment

Working...
                    X