• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Houses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houses

I just drove on one side street and noticed that 2 nice houses are still empty - they are for sale since at least Sep 2006, clearly nobody bought them - and these 2 houses are actually pretty impressive, yet no takers.

What's your point there AtW, since they've been for sale since well before what's happening now?
    Last edited by Pinto; 8 April 2008, 16:08.

Comment

They're waiting for me to buy them for thruppence each.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

You could have been two years down the road to owning them if you'd squatted in them when you first noticed they were empty.

Sometimes you have to think outside the box, or bedsit as it's also known.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH
          Thruppence? How old are you exactly?

Go home old permie.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH

Might be a bit of a wait for thruppence pieces to become legal tender.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

It's amazing what your presence can to a neighbourhood.

I'm surprised you haven't been ASBO'd for encouraging vermin.

Anyway, are you sure the owners really want to sell? Maybe they are attempting to prove that the properties are unviable and should be granted planning permission for conversion into 400 1 bed flats?

I'm sure that it's only lies, but I have heard that some people do things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                Thruppence? How old are you exactly?

Go home old permie.

Stalker alert.

Or SAS is massaging his alter-ego again.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  Anyway, are you sure the owners really want to sell?
                  The houses look new - totally empty, one next to each other - a building company must have just build them, they both have got "For Sale" signs outside of them, they had them in 2006, they definately had them in 2007 and they still have them now. Maybe building company just wants to keep houses empty (even not renting them out) with FOR SALE signs just for kicks? I doubt it.

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                  What's your point there AtW, since they've been for sale since well before what's happening now?
                  The point is that if they had trouble selling them before credit crunch was even heard of, then they are really going down big time - also this points out that actual problems in market started way before credit crunch hit.

What this means in practice that after a fair few quarters of falling prices these people will panic and start selling at much lower prices. Perhaps we will see 15-20% drop by the end of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    The point is that if they had trouble selling them before credit crunch was even heard of, then they are really going down big time - also this points out that actual problems in market started way before credit crunch hit.
                    It points out nothing of the sort. If they didn't sell during the boom of 2005/6 then all it proves is that they were overpriced then, and they are overpriced now.

You do talk some tulipe Atw

Comment

Working...
                    X