• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capital 1 IT jobs - what's in your wallet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital 1 IT jobs - what's in your wallet?

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/engla...re/7337089.stm

Brush up the C.V and lower the rate - More fresh meat for the contract market coming soon.

Ouch!

750 redundancies.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Why would a credit card company need so many IT people? They call it IT and operations, probably most of them call center people.

I just checked and it appears that Capital One has got a lot more employees than NASA.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Why would a credit card company need so many IT people? They call it IT and operations, probably most of them call center people.

I just checked and it appears that Capital One has got a lot more employees than NASA.
        I agree. they need more IT people to sort out the credit crisis...

Comment

I nearly took a job with them!

But I went contracting instead! Kerching!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Ah, but they do more.

Comment

All gone to India

Call centre, Operations, IT, the lot.
              Has anyone got one of their cards?
              If so, you must have been called by one of their 'English-speaking' call-centres.
              Will be a strange 'European H/Q' with a handful of staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                Call centre, Operations, IT, the lot.
                Has anyone got one of their cards?
                If so, you must have been called by one of their 'English-speaking' call-centres.
                Will be a strange 'European H/Q' with a handful of staff.
                Capital One was very active with their spammy attempts to get people to sign up for their cars - a lot of trees will be saved now.

Comment

People will only put up with 30%+ APRs for so long before moving to another CC provider. Capital One gave risky customers £200 credit limits with massive APRs

You take your risks with the sub prime market....

Comment

Capital One has promised to help those workers who are made redundant find new jobs
                    Like this?
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X