• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent rebate - still waiting - help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent rebate - still waiting - help

I won some work from a client myself and took this to my former agent to act as intermediate for my Ltd co. The agent sorted out my rate with end client and my contract issues. As i brought the work to them they said very clearly i would get a rebate i.e. uplift on my rate from end client as a gesture of goodwill. I was told this could be an up to an extra £1 an hour.

To date i have asked them many times via email about this still nothing - they keep sayings its down the agency manager to deal with it. I presume his offer of rebating some of his commission was just sweet talk.

DAK think i should pursue it or just forget it? (its probably worth back dated about £150 as i only work part time for this client)

Originally posted by diesel View Post
    DAK think i should pursue it or just forget it? (its probably worth back dated about £150 as i only work part time for this client)
    Depends how much you need £150 surely?

TM

Comment

Go direct next time.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

If you're on the bench with nothing much to do you could try pursuing a small claim. Otherwise, you're probably on a hiding to nothing so forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
          If you're on the bench with nothing much to do you could try pursuing a small claim

Operation "horses head"

Comment

Since you brought them into the deal, I assume you're in a position to cut them out of it again. Make that threat.

anyway why did you want an intermediary? All they're doing is shielding you from your client's budget.

Comment

thanks for replies.

i went to intermediate agency, as client did request i choose an agent. But also so they can deal with any rate and contractual issues and IR35 etc.

Next time when this contract expires if i go direct where do i start for an contract for a LTD co? Also how do i invoice client direct and make sure they pay my money (I am with brookson as my account!)

Comment

Join the PCG and then you can download sample direct contracts. And you invoice and make sure you get the money in PRECISELY the same way as you invoice and make sure you get the money now. But you deal with the client accounts department rather than the agency accounts department.

On the original subject - do you have it confirmed in writing that they'll give you this rebate? Or is it just a verbal contract?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Join the PCG and then you can download sample direct contracts. And you invoice and make sure you get the money in PRECISELY the same way as you invoice and make sure you get the money now. But you deal with the client accounts department rather than the agency accounts department.

On the original subject - do you have it confirmed in writing that they'll give you this rebate? Or is it just a verbal contract?
                  no did not get anything in writing from them on this i trusted them as there were my former agency before for over 2 years! Just shows no friends in business. I will call the agent manager and see what he sayss too.

Okay the agency has a contract with my LTD co..how do i break that and go direct with client (assuming client allows workers to go direct) and is it fair to ask client a higher rate?? Presmuing client will pay invoices 30 days in arrears whereas now i get paid weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                    I won some work from a client myself and took this to my former agent to act as intermediate for my Ltd co. The agent sorted out my rate with end client and my contract issues. As i brought the work to them they said very clearly i would get a rebate i.e. uplift on my rate from end client as a gesture of goodwill.
                    I am amazed you let the agency sort out the rate. Personally I would have sorted it out myself.

If there was a rebate, why didn't you get this written into the contract?

Comment

Working...
                    X