• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Jeffing Focus…….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Jeffing Focus…….

Well, got it back from the dealer – a good, small ‘proper’ garage, so I trust them to spend the time.

Clutch now working perfectly fine, but, had a 4 hour commute home instead of the usual hour (lorry fires, death and destruction on the 62). Thought I could smell burnt oil kind of smell from my car but put it down to the old lorry next to me.

This morning – after a fast flowing journey, slowed down to a crawl for 10 mins – got that hot oil / something not right kind of smell.

Put on the interior fan, both hot and cold, no smells coming into the vents.

Debating if I have the energy to take it in again, or if to wait for if to die again.

Currently working on the assumption that when they topped up the clutch fluid that some will have overspilled a little, and it is just this overspill burning off.

Sas Guru maybe right – bangernomics are the way forward. Never again will I spend to much $$$ on a new car!

At least I get a 2 year warranty….. May be needing it!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    At least I get a 2 year warranty….. May be needing it!
    You got screwed. Ask for 3 years as standard.

Comment

The sale of goods act should be of use to you on this. It is not your task to prove that the fault was on the car when you bought it a short time ago. The simple fact is that the car is not fit for purpose. If I were you I would return it back to the garage and ask that they either put everything right or you reject the car. Personally I'd go for the second option. If you get no joy from the dealer contact trading standards and Ford themselves. Stop faffing about with trying to trace the problem/get it fixed - return it.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Sounds like it was built on a Friday afternoon.

If it's a hydraulic clutch then your theory about spilled fluids could be right and this problem will disapear. Else fluid could be leaking. Could be worth checking the level to make sure it's not falling, otherwise you could be clutchless.

Comment

Should have bought an A3,
          Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
            Should have bought an A3,
            Subaru Forrester

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Clutch fluid doesn't smell oily...
              He said 'oil kind of smell ', 'hydraulic clutch fluid type of smell' would difficult to spell and he might not know what HCF smells like when burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                He said 'oil kind of smell ', 'hydraulic clutch fluid type of smell' would difficult to spell and he might not know what HCF smells like when burnt.
                IIRC the Focus uses the same reservoir as the brake fluid for the hydraulic clutch...
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  IIRC the Focus uses the same reservoir as the brake fluid for the hydraulic clutch...

I've just heard that there's been a pile up on the M62. Appaerently a Ford focus ran into the back of...

Comment

Why bother with it - the car obviously has a problem - stop faffing about and take it back to the dealer and get your money back. You have only had the thing for 2 minutes and already it is playing up.

Is the banger parked at the end of your drive in a driveable state - plan B
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X