• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC news which isn't doom, boom, houses, immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC news which isn't doom, boom, houses, immigration

I found this amusing, but YMMV

Graffiti village name change plan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7338151.stm
    Last edited by Chantho; 9 April 2008, 10:43.
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

I know how they feel.

Comment

sas has the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        sas has the same problem
        You mean that he's a "lunt" ?
        If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

I think it's a good idea. Just change the L to a C officially and there will be no need for graffiti in the first place. I think that the town would become much more popular too
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            I think it's a good idea. Just change the L to a C officially and there will be no need for graffiti in the first place. I think that the town would become much more popular too
            Yes, and it would cause all sorts of problems with online regsitration for stuff.
            You would end up living in ****.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              Yes, and it would cause all sorts of problems with online regsitration for stuff.
              You would end up living in ****.
              Yeah, like all them people who live in S****horpe
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
                I found this amusing, but YMMV

Graffiti village name change plan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7338151.stm

"Chanlunttho" ?

Hmm, might work, although it would be more suitable for a village in Wales or maybe Cornwall.

Comment

Can't they just use that plastic that it's not possible to write on ?

Paint just falls off, ISTR.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Can't they just use that plastic that it's not possible to write on ?

Paint just falls off, ISTR.
                    wouldn't they just glue something on? or etch it in?

they always find a way round.

Comment

Working...
                    X