• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poor Starbucks......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Starbucks......

Spring Tour anyone?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7338448.stm

Coffee chain giant Starbucks is hoping its loyal customers may be able to brew up the bright ideas to help turn around its struggling fortunes.

The company recently launched a website offering its US customers the chance to pitch ideas for how the firm can improve its stores and operations.
    This is the site to post your ideas to.

http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/home/home.jsp

Hoping that the feedback suggestions will come up with good ideas to boost flagging sales, the Seattle-based chain has also just launched a new cheaper "regular" coffee called Pike Place Roast.
    I hope they launch that branding in the UK.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

They could start by serving real coffee.

...... no doubt they have already heard that one though.

Comment

Serving decent coffee might be a place to start. It all tastes pikey to me.

I much prefer Cafe Nero.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I wonder how much their business development people were paid to come up with this cutting-edge idea?

Comment

They could stop serving that rubbish 'fairtrade' coffee.

blek.

Comment

It's taking an absolute age to Register. I'm brimming with ideas (topless baristas, student free zones, renaming the sizes 'standard', 'large' and 'buying it for effect', not trying to bull5h1t us that their rubbish is good for our garden so we dispose of it for them....)

C'mon, c'mon!!
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
              They could start by serving real coffee.

...... no doubt they have already heard that one though.
              Its only sh1t here. Last week when in New York the coffee was about a billion times better than any of the sh1t Ive been served up here!!!!

Mailman

Comment

They can start by reducing their prices......
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
                  Its only tulip here. Last week when in New York the coffee was about a billion times better than any of the tulip Ive been served up here!!!!

Mailman
                  B0llocks, unless you like the taste of burnt coffee.

I lived there for four years, it never ceased to piss me off how hard it was to get a decent cup of coffee in the US.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    B0llocks, unless you like the taste of burnt coffee.

I lived there for four years, it never ceased to piss me off how hard it was to get a decent cup of coffee in the US.
                    It's a mystery to me how one goes about making such things as a bad cup of coffee, chips, or a steak. How do they do it?

Comment

Working...
                    X