• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro

Anyone else thinks that if UK was part of the eurzone then current crysis would have been much easier to handle, or even prevent?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Anyone else thinks that if UK was part of the eurzone then current crysis would have been much easier to handle, or even prevent?
    No, next. Plonker.

PS. Why don't you concentrate of SKA instead of posting bollux on here?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I dont think being part of the euro has done spain or ireland much good in avoiding the housing bubble and the related pain and discomfort which follows.
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
        I dont think being part of the euro has done spain or ireland much good in avoiding the housing bubble and the related pain and discomfort which follows.
        Their currency does not fall like a rock - you also don't get some politician setting bank rates as he pleases, Europe has got far more independent bank than UK.

Comment

Does a strong euro necessarily help the economies of all Eurozone member countries at this time?
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Their currency does not fall like a rock - you also don't get some politician setting bank rates as he pleases, Europe has got far more independent bank than UK.
            And that will help Spain how?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Dont get me wrong, Id rather be in the Euro than not. I just dont think it would of stopped the mindless "investing" in houses these past few years, and the subsequent pain the ongoing unwind back 3/4 times salary multiples will cause.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Looks like he's gone to look at his noddy degree notes, not being able to argue from first principles.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Good point

The answer is obviously: NOT. The idea that Spain/Portugal/Greece/etc could previously let their currencies slide in a recession to make their products/economies more competitive vs the larger ones has escaped our resident financial genius.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Does a strong euro necessarily help the economies of all Eurozone member countries at this time?
                    Yes. They are slowly but surely becoming the reserve currency, while dollar and pounds are being flushed in the toilet. Short term issues with export will be more than offset by higher demand for euros and greater status of the eurozone - high euro means investing there will earn you some hard currency, not some junk paper.

Comment

Working...
                    X