• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason to smile (if you are a permie)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason to smile (if you are a permie)

Main talk currently among our permie friends is not the housing market or credit crunch or other equally depressing news, but the most uplifting fact that with the new tax regime (to be applied starting from this month) anyone on upwards of £ 50k pa will be better off by about £ 100 pm = £ 1200 pa. Not bad at all, considering any half-decent permie working in the City earns a min of £ 50k.
    On the other hand, hard-up workers like contractors on salaries averaging £ 10-20k will be worse off (dep. on individual circumstances).
    Not sure what GB had in mind when he came up with this - middle-class sweetener perhaps?

Boomed!?
    Last edited by Dow Jones; 9 April 2008, 14:47.

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Not bad at all, considering any half-decent permie working in the City earns a min of £ 50k.

That's not what jobserve tells me when searching for permie .net jobs. Many seem to peak in the 40s.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Salaries

Not sure about .net but any Team Lead and above here is on £ 50-60, Snr BAs £ 60-70, PMs up to £ 100k.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        That's not what jobserve tells me when searching for permie .net jobs. Many seem to peak in the 40s.
        You need to move somewhere considerably more polluted and unfriendly to get the big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
          You need to move somewhere considerably more polluted and unfriendly to get the big bucks.

Yeah, apart from the health risks, it must cost a good few grand a year over normal costs to commute or live in London.

Maybe brownstuff is giving londoners (on 50k+) an incentive to put up with the tuliphole.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Yeah, apart from the health risks, it must cost a good few grand a year over normal costs to commute or live in London.

Maybe brownstuff is giving londoners (on 50k+) an incentive to put up with the tuliphole.
            Yes indeed. here's the tuliphole I live in. Please don't come here, it's dangerous and bad for your health
            http://www.capturedsight.co.uk/londo...mond/index.htm
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Yes indeed. here's the tuliphole I live in. Please don't come here, it's dangerous and bad for your health

Certainly plenty of obnoxious gasses around. Have a smint.

Not to mention your stalker, last seen chasing a geezer in a bunny suit along the london marathon course, before veering off in pursuit of a reverend.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

On the other hand, hard-up workers like contractors on salaries averaging £ 10-20k will be worse off (dep. on individual circumstances).
                £5,435
                The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Not sure about .net but any Team Lead and above here is on £ 50-60, Snr BAs £ 60-70, PMs up to £ 100k.
                  Pity about all that permie tax.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You live in the slag and mattress on Richmond Bridge? Is it not a bit noisy?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X