• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Try Harder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Try Harder

BLAIR'S SECURITY SUMMIT

The Prime Minister is to hold talks with senior intelligence officers and police chiefs in the wake of the London bombings.

Mr Blair wants to know whether they feel extra powers might be needed following the July 7 terrorist attacks in which 56 people died.

Ministers are already fast-tracking three new offences into law with the support of the Opposition parties.

However, Mr Blair wants to know if more can be done.

The controversial issue of whether evidence from phone-tapping should be allowed in court is likely to be on the agenda.

The Government announced on Wednesday that extremists who use radical preaching, websites or inflammatory articles to incite others to commit acts of terrorism will face automatic vetting before being allowed into the country.
    Home Secretary Charles Clarke said officials would draw up a list of "unacceptable" activities intended to promote or provoke terrorism in the wake of the London bombings.

The Home Office, Foreign Office and intelligence agencies will compile a database of individuals "around the world" who have demonstrated such behaviour.

Not a particularly interesting article admittedly but for heaven's sake 'vetted before' entering the country - why even consider letting them in

The Government announced on Wednesday that extremists who use radical preaching, websites or inflammatory articles to incite others to commit acts of terrorism will face automatic vetting before being allowed into the country.
    Jesus, the government had a fit over French dogs being allowed into the country, but terrorists are perfectly acceptable.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Gotta watch them frenchies

It is true that most of the security services in the country take a dimmer view of a box of french fries entering the UK that a wagon load of terrorists.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

OH!!! Go on! One reaches a certain age one has no fear of stepping out of the crowd. I'll be the one to ask. WS! why are you in love with a man called Maria???? And please don't say that suddenly you found how wonderful a sound can be.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
          OH!!! Go on! One reaches a certain age one has no fear of stepping out of the crowd. I'll be the one to ask. WS! why are you in love with a man called Maria???? And please don't say that suddenly you found how wonderful a sound can be.
          Do you really want to know, Xoggy?

Comment

Oh I see. Change it and make me look an idiot!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              Oh I see. Change it and make me look an idiot!
              I'm afraid my love for Maria has died. Instead my eye has been taken by a lovely chap called Susan. He works in the local chippy on Tuesday afternoons.

Comment

WS, you're confusing 'Susan' with 'Elvis'.

Does she have big 'buggers grips'?
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X