• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That Northern wide boy from The Apprentice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Northern wide boy from The Apprentice

He sold software as his profession (basically he worked for Grey Matter or PC World maybe).

Ok, admittedly two days to organize waiters, a menu and sort out the cooking amongst the rabble is rather alot, but the guy grew up in pubs.

He didn't seem to be confident in management so I do wonder .. why did he even bother to apply for the TV programme ? he did seem to cower away and not be decisive.

What gets me is again ... product and service identification and then the costing and pricing of the menu items for the pub were again not even thought out hence the ousting on the boys team. Basic fundamentals of business which they all seemed to skip over.

Not really a good sign for British management in the future, also the Bank manager that looked like a Gerbil couldn't even do basic arithmatic involving the number of tomatos for the pasta dish (he was even counting on his fingers a sign of numerical deficiency !)..

Maybe its time for us to all just save up all our money and retire somewhere nice in the world away from the Island of Illusion called Britain.

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    He sold software as his profession (basically he worked for Grey Matter or PC World maybe).

Ok, admittedly two days to organize waiters, a menu and sort out the cooking amongst the rabble is rather alot, but the guy grew up in pubs.

He didn't seem to be confident in management so I do wonder .. why did he even bother to apply for the TV programme ? he did seem to cower away and not be decisive.

What gets me is again ... product and service identification and then the costing and pricing of the menu items for the pub were again not even thought out hence the ousting on the boys team. Basic fundamentals of business which they all seemed to skip over.

Not really a good sign for British management in the future, also the Bank manager that looked like a Gerbil couldn't even do basic arithmatic involving the number of tomatos for the pasta dish (he was even counting on his fingers a sign of numerical deficiency !)..

Maybe its time for us to all just save up all our money and retire somewhere nice in the world away from the Island of Illusion called Britain.
    Don't try and pin him on us he's not northern you clown!!

The problem with people who have a pop at the decisions people make during that show is that its the editing and pressuriesed nature of the show often makes it look much worse. Are you telling me that if cameras followed you round 24/7 you would not have made some very bad decisions that could laughed at by the masses in the last few months? I know I probably have...

However we are not foolish enough to put ourselves in the firing line!

Also lets not forget these people are not 'the cream' we are led to believe, if you are truely talented you would not dream of working 16hr days for Sugar for 100k!!

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
      Don't try and pin him on us he's not northern you clown!!

The problem with people who have a pop at the decisions people make during that show is that its the editing and pressuriesed nature of the show often makes it look much worse. Are you telling me that if cameras followed you round 24/7 you would not have made some very bad decisions that could laughed at by the masses in the last few months? I know I probably have...

However we are not foolish enough to put ourselves in the firing line!

Also lets not forget these people are not 'the cream' we are led to believe, if you are truely talented you would not dream of working 16hr days for Sugar for 100k!!
      In 2009 the government will start killing all mentally challenged people.

I started crying when I thought of you.

Run my little retard, save yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        In 2009 the government will start killing all mentally challenged people.

I started crying when I thought of you.

Run my little retard, save yourself!

'retard' is this kind of predjudice allowed mods?

Comment

Even if it's not I'm sure they'll make an exception in this case...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Oh dear ...

Those educated idiot southern jessies are having a pop at The North again, but getting it sadly wrong as per usual. The guy is from Flitwick in Bedfordshire.

The only good thing about you southern puffs is that you keep the french away from the UK.
            Last edited by 51st State; 10 April 2008, 08:50.
            If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Did you know that today is hug a retard day?

So, don't be frightened and start screaming like you did last year, people aren't trying to hurt you, they love you!

Comment

I'm waiting for tomorrow, when it's kick a dog when it's down day.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
                  Those educated idiot suothern jessies are having a pop at The North again, but getting it sadly wrong as per usual. The guy is from Flitwick in Bedfordshire.

The only good thing about you southern puffs is that you keep the french away from the UK.
                  PMSL!

Comment

Being in charge of the bulltulipers, schmoozers, arselickers selected and distilled throughout the series is likely a more difficult job than dealing with normal people too.

Comic relief should have srallen as one of the contestants - that would be good TV - with someone equally as obnoxious sitting behind the desk carping at him of course.

Comment

Working...
                    X