• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

anti terror laws just implemented to erode freedom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anti terror laws just implemented to erode freedom

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...11/nspy111.xml

Poole council spies on family over school claim

A council has used powers intended for anti-terrorism surveillance to spy on a family who were wrongly accused of lying on a school application form.

For two weeks the middle-class family was followed by council officials who wanted to establish whether they had given a false address within the catchment area of an oversubscribed school to secure a place for their three-year-old.

=============================

I have been on the wrong side of illegal police/government/court activity once or twice.

There are perfectly good laws available to deal with terrorists - as the police / government are too stupid to implement them they just create new laws. that is if I am being generous to them.

At worst they are trying to erode the basic freedoms.

Personally I would like to see the officials responsible made to pogo stick over the M25 at rush hour. Or put in stocks in Leicester square for a week. No doubt most citizens will stand idly by as it does not affect them.

Saw this on the news, shocking abuse of power by the little Hitlers of the council.
    This is the sort of thing our government would be highly critical of if it happened in Russia or China "secret police follow 3 year old child and family".

Comment

Like I've been saying for ages: 'terrorism' and 'global warming' are just illusions used by TPTB to get up to nefarious deeds such as eroding freedoms.

Stabbin's to good for 'em.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Why did it take two weeks to establish the residency of this family?

OK, it's not going to just be an overnight check to see if they're actually living there but two weeks?
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

I've seen this sort of thing going off even before the 'terror laws' came into being.

I would imagine someone in the family has business interests that compete with someone in or on the council, and these investigations are just a cover for other nefarious deeds.

Two weeks? My best guess is the business interests'd be drugs.

Which is probably why the Police aren't interested in investigating. They're waiting for them to shoot each other, and then round up the survivors.

threaded in "Donnygate" mode.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
            Why did it take two weeks to establish the residency of this family?

OK, it's not going to just be an overnight check to see if they're actually living there but two weeks?
            If they had done the overnight thing they might have had to deal with some working class people - middle classes are far easier to bully.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If they had done the overnight thing they might have had to deal with some working class people - middle classes are far easier to bully.

Yeah, too worried about losing status, face, whatever to stand up to these mandarins.
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                Yeah, too worried about losing status, face, whatever to stand up to these mandarins.
                it might upset the neighbours - except in Wilmslow's case.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Like I've been saying for ages: 'terrorism' and 'global warming' are just illusions used by TPTB to get up to nefarious deeds such as eroding freedoms.

Stabbin's to good for 'em.

look , I'm no loony lefty, but travel the world a lot on years out. Global warming is real and although its become full of misconceptions (Carbon offsetting etc) , its very real and affecting human lives today. (Old Crow Canada, Newfoundland, Northern Russia, Alaska, etc etc etc).

People who seem to not care and close their eyes to the suffering of others from their X5's drinking bottled water - stabbin's too good for 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary_Jones View Post
                    look , I'm no loony lefty, but travel the world a lot on years out. Global warming is real and although its become full of misconceptions (Carbon offsetting etc) , its very real and affecting human lives today. (Old Crow Canada, Newfoundland, Northern Russia, Alaska, etc etc etc).

People who seem to not care and close their eyes to the suffering of others from their X5's drinking bottled water - stabbin's too good for 'em.
                    Climate change has always been real, always will be. What people don't talk about is the upside, only the downside (change=bad). Stop breeding if you want to make a difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X