• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Argh, No!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh, No!

Traumatised.

As if having a PC at my desk at work is not enough.

Work have arranged for me to have a laptop, and a company mobile.

I have a phone at my desk, that is enough contact for me. Why on earth do I want a mobile as well? I do not want to be contactable 24/7! Also got a laptop to lug around with me.

It was sold to me as a perk of permiedom. Yeah, right…

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Traumatised.

As if having a PC at my desk at work is not enough.

Work have arranged for me to have a laptop, and a company mobile.

I have a phone at my desk, that is enough contact for me. Why on earth do I want a mobile as well? I do not want to be contactable 24/7! Also got a laptop to lug around with me.

It was sold to me as a perk of permiedom. Yeah, right…
    Just switch off the mobile at weekends and claim that there is poor coverage at home.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Just switch off the mobile at weekends and claim that there is poor coverage at home.

HTH
      Great attitude, bet you're going to win employee of the year!

Comment

There is one born every minute but I wouldn't of thought anyone over the age of 25 would be dumb enough to accept a company mobile ( on call 24/7 ) or laptop ( evening and weekend working for free )

Comment

Now you are a permie you should be aspiring to a crackberry.

Comment

Another day, another post from CUK's premier hapless, shambling buffoon.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              Another day, another post from CUK's premier hapless, shambling buffoon.

HRH or Wilm-Slow?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

HRH or Wilm-Slow?
                I meant that latter, but you have a good point there.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Just switch off the mobile at weekends and claim that there is poor coverage at home
                  and tell them to eff off (cheeky barstewards)

I mean, are they going to fire you if you're not on call 24/7 - I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    There is one born every minute but I wouldn't of thought anyone over the age of 25 would be dumb enough to accept a company mobile ( on call 24/7 ) or laptop ( evening and weekend working for free )
                    Agreed, but check your contract thoroughly. I'd just leave both locked up somewhere safe in the office, and forget about them.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X