• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accomodation for Rebecca

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accomodation for Rebecca

In view of the fact that Rebecca has moved from "legally" paying 3% tax a year, to someone who is...ahem... on the wrong the side of the law I thought it might be interesting to review possible alternatives for her...

Accomodation for Rebcca
    I'm alright Jack

Thanks bro!

The funny thing is that the 8% tax (it's not 3% - yet. Working on it tho' ) scheme is legal (well, still legal as we speak). It's the one I was on last year. But with this retroactivity, I may be chased?! I have nothing to risk (it's all out of the country) but something in me tells me it's grossly unfair! And not just for me, but for other users of the scheme, which was legal when it was used!
    Last edited by Rebecca Loos; 21 July 2005, 15:22. Reason: spelling?
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

So are we talking about this EBT ruling ... or something else?

tim

Comment

I have nothing to risk (it's all out of the country)

I think you'll find that's irrelevant. If the IR decide you owe them money they will expect you to bring it back in. And charge you interest while they are waiting.

Comment

Just leg it, our tax lot will never catch up with you !

Comment

There are only two options.
            1) Bottle of Jack, hose from the exhaust to the car interior, Joy Division on the radio, wait for sweet oblivion to kiss away the tears.
            2) New life in a cabin in Siberia. Marry Svetlana, hunt rabbits, pray to God for forgiveness each night.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Gromit, it is relevant. I can fly off and the IR cannot touch my stuff
              Yes it was the EBT
              Oh well
              New scheme in place now, even better if anything. I am just peeved at that backdating thing. Grossly unfair IMO
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                Grossly unfair IMO
                One bullet in the chamber. Let fate decide the rest.
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Let's face it. Rebecca is the new-zealand version of Ned Kelly.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

well I do rob the rich (GB) to give to the poor (me)
                    so more Robin Hood than NK, I reckon

I used to live in Nottingham you know
                    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X