• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The heat is off next door

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The heat is off next door

Looks like the neighbours forgot to pay the bill. The gas appears to have
    been turned off. Went down to look at the boiler..looks okay. Power is there
    as the water circulation pump is working.

'Course the bill is with e.on and they have been F**king us around for the past three months. No doubt they have been paid but messed up when the new tenants moved in and bills were taken over by the landlord. It took us three months to get it sorted. E.on are so crap.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

is this a contractor's forum or what

we've got Wilmslow who lives in a cul de sac and neighbours drive old vans

and lilolelvis who has had his gas disconnected

Milan.

Comment

If it is the type of boiler with a pilot light then it could just be a dodgy thermocouple.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
        We just need to add your 'adventures in a passat' and 'idiots guide to potato farming' and we would be sorteeed then eh?

Comment

Milan.
          I assumed this was the next thrilling episode of the Wilmslow neighbours soap, where he'd hired a team of hitmen but then had second thoughts and called off the heat ..

Can't wait to find out what happens next. Will moving his car a metre down the road work? We'll know soon.

To be continued ..

Comment

Milan.
            I'm all warm inside. You actually remember my Passat misadventures. Though can't recall anything about potatos??? Which reminds me I've to apply roundup on the weekend to kill the weeds.

I've got heat. its only the neighbours that don't.
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

We got a bill from Eon for £1300 for a quarter for gas and electric - I left it in the capable hands of the wife!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Looks like the neighbours forgot to pay the bill. The gas appears to have
                been turned off. Went down to look at the boiler..looks okay. Power is there
                as the water circulation pump is working.

'Course the bill is with e.on and they have been F**king us around for the past three months. No doubt they have been paid but messed up when the new tenants moved in and bills were taken over by the landlord. It took us three months to get it sorted. E.on are so crap.
                Why does it matter to you if the neighbours paid the bill or not?

Comment

The vast majority of the building including toilets, kitchen, hallways etc. are heated by them. So while my office is okay..the rest of the building is cold as ice.

Comment

is the gas cooker/fire/any other gas appliance still working?

Does the meter have a large red sticker on it?

yes & no then the gas boiler needs attention

no & yes then the've been cut off

no & no then phone Transco

yes and yes - they are using your gas!

Comment

Working...
                    X