• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poker Part II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poker Part II

I was going to say "Pas Deux" but I think I'd get banned for being risqué.

Anyway, thanks for the helpful advice on sites and gaming tips. I'll be testing a few out this weekend.

One question however.

In the shop I bought my friends poker set from, they had these funny green visor hat things.

Do I need one of these ? What do they do ?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Yes. You absolutely need one, you'll look silly without it.

Bit like turning up to play football in hiking boots.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Its a must, you need to wear one of those plus a big cigar

Comment

You must also wear mirrored shades under your 'bingo visor'

The main thing to remember is if you get dealt an ace, you should sweat profusely and raise the pitch of your voice by at least an octave - can't go wrong.
        Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Its a must, you need to wear one of those plus a big cigar
          Where exactly do you adorn the cigar

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Where exactly do you adorn the cigar
            hint
            http://www.babesinpoker.com/images/B...nna-krupa6.jpg
            safe(ish) for work
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              She looked fairly happy. Is that why I can't see a cigar in that pic

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                I was going to say "Pas Deux" but I think I'd get banned for being risqué.

Anyway, thanks for the helpful advice on sites and gaming tips. I'll be testing a few out this weekend.

One question however.

In the shop I bought my friends poker set from, they had these funny green visor hat things.

Do I need one of these ? What do they do ?
                You've also got to change your name,,,to "Snakefish" or something else that doesn't mean anything.......
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Here you go Zeity - Cyndy Violette - like a little Vegas Beeny

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...r203gettyb.jpg
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    She looked fairly happy. Is that why I can't see a cigar in that pic
                    Can't see either cigar....
                    Kneel before Bod

Comment

Working...
                    X