• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setanta sports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setanta sports

have got the IPL cricket. You pay almost £20 pm for sport on sky and they still can't get the biggest tournaments. w@nkkers.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

As long as they keep showing the lovely Thaila Zucchi and her puppies in their adverts I don't care what else they do.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Setanta is thrown in for free on cable for anyone on the XL package or greater.

With the price of Sky subs it should be too.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I subscribe to Setanta becuase its the only place I can watch my team, Falkirk. The fact that the IPL is on Setanta is a nice bonus as I;m one of only 4 scots who like cricket!

Comment

Setanta

They seem to have grown very fast with their football coverage. A few years back they were only doing SPL in Scotland, now they have nearly as many games as Sky. Classic example was the recent game Spurs-Chelsea 4-4, one of the best this year. Not even highlights were given to BBC/ITV/Sky/etc, they seem to want to hang on to them for dear life. Is it worth cancelling Sky and getting Setanta for sports only?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            have got the IPL cricket. You pay almost £20 pm for sport on sky and they still can't get the biggest tournaments. w@nkkers.
            They have an offer right now for the boxing. 5 quid a month for the next 3 months. Then you can cancel it as there is no annual contract.

http://www.setanta.com/boxing/

It will cover the period of the IPL and you will get the calzage fight to boot. Plus lots of other tulipe like rangers tv and liverpool fc tv. You will need the subtitles for those channels mind.
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I miss that advert for it with whatshername - the really fit dark haired bird that was on big brother as an actress..
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I miss that advert for it with whatshername - the really fit dark haired bird that was on big brother as an actress..
                Yeah, that'll be Thaila Zucchi.

Worth sticking her name into YouTube if you don't mind a bit of Rolf Harris.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Yeah, that'll be Thaila Zucchi.

Worth sticking her name into YouTube if you don't mind a bit of Rolf Harris.
                  That went over my head - please explain
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    That went over my head - please explain
                    Rolf Harris = rhyming slang for A*se

Edit: I think it is Rolf Harris -> Yarris -> Aristotle -> Bottle -> Glass -> A*rse

or something like that.

HTH
                    Last edited by oracleslave; 11 April 2008, 16:37.

Comment

Working...
                    X