• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who ask for things after 4PM on Friday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who ask for things after 4PM on Friday

What is it with permies who leave things until the last minute on a Friday afternoon?

I don’t work on the weekend – so if you want something ‘for Monday morning’ is it my problem you’ve left it until 4:30 on a Friday to set the wheels in motion?

And I’ve already had my timesheet signed for this week (including this afternoon) so /beery burp in your face LOSER!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    What is it with permies who leave things until the last minute on a Friday afternoon?

I don’t work on the weekend – so if you want something ‘for Monday morning’ is it my problem you’ve left it until 4:30 on a Friday to set the wheels in motion?

And I’ve already had my timesheet signed for this week (including this afternoon) so /beery burp in your face LOSER!
    Ummmmm someone has been to the pub at lunch
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I think that last Gig you are having is beginning to harm you...

Comment

I get this a lot, because I am nice.

Or so they seem to insist on thinking.

I deal with this by responding with the question: "So you want this in 1 business hour?"

..referring of course to the fact that no business-time passes between 5pm on Friday, and 9am (of you're lucky) on Monday.
        When you encounter speed humps, sound your horn in protest.

Comment

Absolutely hate it

Either (unintentional) bad planning or (intentional) trip up - or both sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Ummmmm someone has been to the pub at lunch
            Seem so.

Jog On - If he doesn't get the message, I find a light-medium back-hand swipe across the chops works well. That'll teach that darn permie.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              Seem so.

Jog On - If he doesn't get the message, I find a light-medium back-hand swipe across the chops works well. That'll teach that darn permie.
              Please don't encourage him.... he will think it's a good idea
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

I thought it was customary to go to the pub on a Friday lunchtime?

I don’t need any encouragement to misbehave …..
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I thought it was customary to go to the pub on a Friday lunchtime?

I don’t need any encouragement to misbehave …..
                  It is - I managed to sneak in a few glasses of pinkoholic wine too
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

What about "Can you give us a call after the close?" when they are in New York and you are in London and gaging for a pint?
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X