• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE & NIC Yellow Book

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE & NIC Yellow Book

This is my first year for LTD co books. Accountant has now closed hence this post.

All year i have been returning nil for my quartly PAYE & NIC. I have now got my figures for PAYE, Employee NIC and Employer NIC. On the payslip slips it has two boxes one for Net Income Tax and the other Net National Insurance

Question is i assume i enter the amount for my PAYE in the Net Income Tax and is it just Employee NIC i enter into the Net National Insurance or Both Employee and Employer.

Please help as you are aware it needs to be in by 19/04/08
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

My accountant's just sent me mine. Those boxes were blank and they've just filled in the total figure.

Seeing as they've not supplied me with the break down of the figures I've posted it as is. They're sending the P35 (Employers annual return) direct so hopefully it won't be a problem as they'll have the breakdown on that.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

In the Income Tax box you enter the PAYE in National Insurance box you enter the combined total of Employer's and Employees' NIC. HTH

Nice to see your accountant works a full professional working day. Its only 10 to 5, FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
        In the Income Tax box you enter the PAYE in National Insurance box you enter the combined total of Employer's and Employees' NIC. HTH

Nice to see your accountant works a full professional working day. Its only 10 to 5, FFS
        Maybe his accountant saved some time by not hanging around contractor bulletin boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
          Please help as you are aware it needs to be in by 19/04/08

Correct. But the P35 doesn't need to be done till the 19 May.

Comment

Thanks All

I did think this was the case. Accountant is also doing P35 and i may look at changing them as i did think it was strange when i phoned (which was actually at 16:30) and no one was there.

Have a good weekend all
            Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Has it not arrived yet cooper ??
              Last edited by moorfield; 11 April 2008, 20:37.

Comment

Working...
              X