• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's taken a beating?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's taken a beating?

I've had a few bad beatings in my life - all while living in the North of the UK! One off three blokes who i shared a house with. I fell on hard times for a few weeks and ended up living with three blokes who had all just got out of jail. They turned on yours truly after a falling out and gave me a right royal beating, breaking my nose in my own bedroom! Months later I got smacked in ther face by a little bloke in manchester in a nightclub. He also broke my nose! I also got knocked on my arse by a lesbian in a gay club in newcastle after i was dancing with her girl a little too long. All over 10 years ago but remember them like it was yesterday!

I've lived in the north most of my life and been out in some of the so called roughest clubs in Manchester, Bradford, Leeds & Newcastle.

However I have never been in a fight since I left school...

Perhaps it's your personality rather than your location?

Comment

Oy! aussielong, you calling my pint a poof?!

Outside, now!!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
        I've lived in the north most of my life and been out in some of the so called roughest clubs in Manchester, Bradford, Leeds & Newcastle.

I was thinking exactly the same - maybe alcohol fuelled bravado?
        Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

The only "fight" I had recently was some dick who got drunk in the local pub and decided to throw a glass at the barmaid so we asked him to leave. I'm 6'2" and at the time was delivering frozen food for a living (handball = better than a gym workout) my mate is 6'3" and a black belt kick boxer so he didn't say in the pub for long. Wasn't a fight more a man handle him out the door.

The other scuffles usually involve me hitting someone else. One was a shoplifter I knocked over (well he ran into me as I was standing outside the shop - muppet) and the other was some random pissed bloke who just lamped my mate on the street for no reason.

Fortunately being built like the side of a house and knowing when to walk away and not escalating stuff has meant I don't really attract trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post

However I have never been in a fight since I left school...

aussielong is RRH/HRH and I claim my five consonants to improve my speeling.

Comment

I was out with a large group of hard nut mates - but bumped into HRH and failed to worship at his feet quickly enough - so he gave us all a good kicking single handidly.

Then the SAS pussies turned up and he kicked them too.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                I've had a few bad beatings in my life - all while living in the North of the UK! One off three blokes who i shared a house with. I fell on hard times for a few weeks and ended up living with three blokes who had all just got out of jail. They turned on yours truly after a falling out and gave me a right royal beating, breaking my nose in my own bedroom! Months later I got smacked in ther face by a little bloke in manchester in a nightclub. He also broke my nose! I also got knocked on my arse by a lesbian in a gay club in newcastle after i was dancing with her girl a little too long. All over 10 years ago but remember them like it was yesterday!
                Can you live with me for a while? Could do with a distraction from the MAfia. If you don't mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Can you live with me for a while? Could do with a distraction from the MAfia. If you don't mind.....
                  Will aussielong get his own bedroom?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    aussielong is RRH/HRH and I claim my five consonants to improve my speeling.

Post of the weekend!

Comment

Working...
                    X