• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What will your house be worth in 2018?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will your house be worth in 2018?

Well, according to derivatives marketeers, about the same as now. They also reckon on falls during the next 3 years, so things will not be dead pan flat during that time. So, in real terms we're looking at some very hefty falls in value over the next decade.

"Figures from Tradition, an interdealer broker, will today reveal that the derivatives market is now pricing in falls in house prices for the next three years. The cost of futures contracts linked to house prices suggests the value of the average home will not rise back above its current level until 2018"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...ry-807855.html

I still want to live in my house in 2018 so I don't care. What I am more interested in is my mortgage rate and so how much interest I have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Well, according to derivatives marketeers, about the same as now. They also reckon on falls during the next 3 years, so things will not be dead pan flat during that time. So, in real terms we're looking at some very hefty falls in value over the next decade.

"Figures from Tradition, an interdealer broker, will today reveal that the derivatives market is now pricing in falls in house prices for the next three years. The cost of futures contracts linked to house prices suggests the value of the average home will not rise back above its current level until 2018"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...ry-807855.html
      Bollux.
      HTH.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I still want to live in my house in 2018 so I don't care. What I am more interested in is my mortgage rate and so how much interest I have to pay.
        This article is not aimed at the 'you buy a house to live in' segment. In fact this endangered species could make a come back.

It's for those who believe houses are cash ATMs that dish out money endlessly. These include the BLT and MTL brigades, the 'My house is my pension' crowd and the MEW spenders. For those that are heavily borrowed, it seems that houses will become cash vacuum cleaners sucking in their money for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Bollux.
          HTH.
          So what is your prediction?

Comment

This article is not aimed at the 'you buy a house to live in' segment. In fact this endangered species could make a come back.

It's for those who believe houses are cash ATMs that dish out money endlessly. These include the BLT and MTL brigades, the 'My house is my pension' crowd and the MEW spenders. For those that are heavily borrowed, it seems that houses will become cash vacuum cleaners sucking in their money for years to come.
            ooops

though you could have said "what will your rental proerties be worth" or even "what will your houses be worth"

Comment

ooops

though you could have said "what will your rental proerties be worth" or even "what will your houses be worth"
              True enough, and the answer will be no less palatable - they be probably be worth no more in 2018, than if sold now and the cash deposited in the Bank of Mattress (BoM).

Comment

True enough, and the answer will be no less palatable - they be probably be worth no more in 2018, than if sold now and the cash deposited in the Bank of Mattress (BoM).
                mother-out-law stayinhg at our place for 2 weeks - her friend was clearing out his dead mother's place. found £168,000 under the mattress!!!

I thought under the mattress was aprocraphol.

Comment

mother-out-law stayinhg at our place for 2 weeks - her friend was clearing out his dead mother's place. found £168,000 under the mattress!!!

I thought under the mattress was aprocraphol.
                  You can't beat the BoM. These oldies swear by it. Instant access and all that. Plus no other bugger can get their hands on it. All the current problems are down to banks lending others peoples money.

If that cash was in tenners then it would need 16800 notes! As a geriatric has been sleeping on it , would literally need laundering to make it useable! Good way of passing money inheritance tax free though.

Comment

The cost of futures contracts linked to house prices suggests the value of the average home will not rise back above its current level until 2018

Another case of ignorance; price of a futures contract does not mean the price in the future.

Can everyone please ignore idiots who post links to the guardian and the independent.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X