• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Skin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Skin

New minimalist skin available for those of you who have requested it. Not exactly the same as the old EZ Board one but we hope that it will have the desired effect of shielding you from the prying eyes of the permies...

There is a style switcher drop down at the bottom of the page, those of you who preferred the old, new style (you know what I mean) can choose 'Aria' to revert to the other (nicer looking) skin.

You may need to be on the forum home page for the style switcher to work in some broswers so if the style does not change go to the home page and try again.

To answer some of the other criticisms, and I am sure they will be raised with this skin too, we have kept the navigation in as although you regulars know the content of the main site visitors referred by search engines do not and it gives them an opportunity to go to the rest of the site. We opted for the right side as it does not interfere with the main body and functioning of the forum. Yes, we know usability dictates left hand nav as being more effective and obvious for the end user but we were trying to keep you guys and new visitors catered for.

For those of you in work, the old suggestions regarding images are the same, register on the site and then use the 'User CP' button in the top nav to switch images and avatars off. This does not delete smilies...

Any problems or further suggestions please post them here rather than starting new threads.

Gotta love the banana
    Last edited by administrator; 21 July 2005, 23:59.

That's a lot better! Now if only you could get old icons back and post counts....

Comment

Yep definatly a lot better

Only one small comment, how about geting rid of or moving somewhere else (like over there <<) the thread post number (the one above ^^) wasted whole line there

Though as mentioned on other thread seems the smilie problem carried over to the new skin though now only affects top half of 3rd column

The pop up window will be definatly a good idea though for all browsers then no one has to be worrying about the boss walking past while making a post
      Last edited by Not So Wise; 22 July 2005, 00:33.

Comment

Now this I like, a nice mix of old and new.

Bangin!
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Yep - this ia a goer for me...

And you've still got my man....

I'm happy.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What do you mean when you say "Gotta love the banana"?

Is there something you'd like to tell us?

Comment

Banana's

...a bunch of banana's!

Comment

The new skin is great, and thanks to the administrators for responding to the user feedback.
                Is there any way of hiding the available smilies on the message composition page? On the old board it was possible to hide/reveal them at will.
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                  The new skin is great, and thanks to the administrators for responding to the user feedback.
                  Is there any way of hiding the available smilies on the message composition page? On the old board it was possible to hide/reveal them at will.

Yes please we really need to be able to hide the smilies...

thanks

Comment

1 skin

2 skin

I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X