• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silly questions from recruitment agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly questions from recruitment agents

Am I alone in thinking that recruitment agencies don't actually read CVs? even though my CV says I have been contracting for 7 years and I'm looking for contract positions I STILL get phone calls along the lines of "I've got a great permanent position ..." Is it because they didn't read the CV or because they are hoping I'll take the permie role?

yes, next!

tim

Comment

Originally posted by thobosn View Post
      Is it because they didn't read the CV or because they are hoping I'll take the permie role?
      both.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by thobosn View Post
        Am I alone in thinking that recruitment agencies don't actually read CVs? even though my CV says I have been contracting for 7 years and I'm looking for contract positions I STILL get phone calls along the lines of "I've got a great permanent position ..." Is it because they didn't read the CV or because they are hoping I'll take the permie role?
        They are not interested in what you want, only what they want. That is why no amount of telling them what you want will make any difference.

Comment

Working...
        X