• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay off mortgage, or go up the ladder?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay off mortgage, or go up the ladder?

With the way prices are just now, part of me is thinking about paying off my £70K mortgage - as I have £25K savings this will be achievable in the next 5 years, or, at least get it down to £30K, chicken feed payments.

On the other hand, for £40K more I can move to an area not to sought after, but, upgrade from a small semi to a large detached. Would normally be £70K more to move to this house, but, it needs time and paint tlc to make it presentable, and the peeps have taken a very low offer, provided I can sell mine. (The £40K is total including fees and stamp duty).

Tough call in this climate!

Wilm-Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow are you at it again?
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        On the other hand, for £40K more I can move to an area not to sought after, but, upgrade from a small semi to a large detached. Would normally be £70K more to move to this house, but, it needs time and paint tlc to make it presentable, and the peeps have taken a very low offer, provided I can sell mine. (The £40K is total including fees and stamp duty).
        Watch out for those not so sought out area's, sometimes the neighbours can be less than reasonable, especially with buiders vans and the rest fouling up the street every night
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
        X