• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hells Angels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hells Angels

Hells Angels my @rse.

The thread by aussielong about getting duffed up, plus another that mentioned Hells Angels reminded me of this story, from about thirty years ago.

I was a youngster then and me and my mate used to go along to the English Civil War reenactment battles. We used to get dressed up in these red tunics and leggings and pick up a pike, or sometimes a musket.

Then we used to march out in regimental blocks and get directed by the generals to attack the Royalists, it was a right bloody affair, lots of broken limbs and the occasional deady. It was fantastic fun, being a foot soldier in the Montagues in the roundhead association. It was always worth a medal if you managed to lay hands on the enemy standard, and if you captured it, well you were a blooming hero.
    Our standard bearer was an old bloke, in his fifties, looked like Catweazle and he would never fight in the push. He stood at the back with the standard, holding a studded club about a foot long. If any Royalist hand was laid on the standard, whack!!, broken fingers all round. We found out one night that he was an ex SAS trooper who wouldn't fight, in case he killed someone. He wore a razor sharp sword that he called widowmaker. (yes I suppose we were all barmy)

Anyways, we were sitting around the campfire one night, near Otterspool, about two hundred of us,pissed as @rseholes, sharpening swords and polishing the armour, cleaning out the muskets when the local plod turned up. 'You guys had better be careful, the local chapter of the Hells Angels have heard that you are here, and 30 of them are on their way looking for a rumble'
    All you could hear was 200 guys saying 'Go ed' heh heh.
    They never did turn up.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

You lot sound really hard...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      You lot sound really hard...

thick
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        thick
        hey watch it. didn't you have a mis-spent yoof

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Er, yes. But it didn't involve dressing like a gaylord and pretending to be a roundhead, sorry, dickhead...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I know some Latin Kings out in LA and they are certified gangsters.

Comment

it was a right bloody affair, lots of broken limbs and the occasional deady.
              Right. So you're telling me that actual fatalities occurred during English Civil War reenactment battles?

I know a bloke who lost a leg Morris Dancing once.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

he is only 10 now!!!
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                  I know some Latin Kings out in LA and they are certified gangsters.
                  Being told to "**** off you raving felchlord!" does not consitute "knowing" someone.

Have you been taking lessons from Lucy?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    Er, yes. But it didn't involve dressing like a gaylord and pretending to be a roundhead, sorry, dickhead...
                    well, I have been accused of many things
                    pretending to be a dickhead is not one of them

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X