• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Growing evidence of mobile phone danger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing evidence of mobile phone danger

I've always believed that mobile phone usage poses a danger to health and hence I did not buy one until it became a 'necessity' for me in 1999. Even now, I still use it sparingly, and it appears that that may have been a wise move.
    I have always thought that many heavy users, especially children, are sitting on a timebomb and this article appears to endorse that view.

http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0...9179638,00.htm

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I've always believed that mobile phone usage poses a danger to health and hence I did not buy one until it became a 'necessity' for me in 1999. Even now, I still use it sparingly, and it appears that that may have been a wise move.
    I have always thought that many heavy users, especially children, are sitting on a timebomb and this article appears to endorse that view.

http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0...9179638,00.htm
    Another completely pointless piece of "research" which can be summed up by saying "I have read a few studies and if we start with the assumption that heavy mobile phone use would take more than 10 years to show an effect in increased incidence of brain tumours, then none of those studies can rule it out."

And the bloke spent 14 months on it. Some people really need to find better ways of keeping themselves busy.

Comment

Erk. I hope that's not true.

Comment

Oh well..death by Nokia!
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Wi-fi networks also cause cancer. Even if you rip out your own system, second hand radiation from your neighbour will get you. This is a real problem in flats. Govt knows about this, but is keeping quiet, but has advised schools to remove theirs.

Basically the solution is to move to somewhere with no mobile coverage or internet wi-fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            Wi-fi networks also cause cancer. Even if you rip out your own system, second hand radiation from your neighbour will get you. This is a real problem in flats. Govt knows about this, but is keeping quiet, but has advised schools to remove theirs.
            Any evidence to support that assertion?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              Any evidence to support that assertion?
              None tonight. If I have any dreams about this, I'll update tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                None tonight. If I have any dreams about this, I'll update tomorrow

Comment

Zeity can probably give you the exact figures, but IIRC the transmitter in a mobile phone is something like 10x the power you're allowed to work with in a lab.

Never bothered me much, but I'm more of a texter.

What you've really got to worry about is leaving it switched on in your pocket whilst on the tube - the transmitter will be working at full power whilst it tries to locate a cell. Best to switch it off - nobody wants bollock cancer now do they?
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    the transmitter will be working at full power whilst it tries to locate a cell
                    No. It works by listening for an indent signal from a repeater station (phone mast) and only pipes up if it gets one strong enough to make it worth the effort of responding.

If it worked the way you suggested then they'd be burning holes in our pockets (and our bollocks) and the batteries would last about 20 minutes.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X