• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Old people should be allowed to drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Old people should be allowed to drive

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7347339.stm

Because they can cause spectacular and funny incidents

so thats how he dislocated his knee
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      so thats how he dislocated his knee

Coffee all over the keyboard!!

Comment

Brilliant!

I must admit, I have noticed my dear old mother having a propensity to drive into the kerb every 3 seconds....it's rather alarming.

Whever she phones up to say "it's ok, I'll pick you up" my wife often chips in and says she will drive instead.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Brilliant!

I must admit, I have noticed my dear old mother having a propensity to drive into the kerb every 3 seconds....it's rather alarming.

Whever she phones up to say "it's ok, I'll pick you up" my wife often chips in and says she will drive instead.

Quite a cunning ploy on the part of your mother then!
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
            Quite a cunning ploy on the part of your mother then!
            Curses!

These elderly are still getting one over us!

So when my mother cooks such awful family meals, this is deliberate as well?

Comment

Curses!

Age and experience beats youth and enthusiasm all the time.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Curses!

Only if you or Mrs hyperD offer to do the cooking as well. Don't you men deliberately break plates when washing up so that your Mrs takes over?

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                  Only if you or Mrs hyperD offer to do the cooking as well. Don't you men deliberately break plates when washing up so that your Mrs takes over?
                  Sadly KW, in our household I do the cooking and the washing up (dishwasher though).

But it is still true: we offer to do the cooking as well and I think my mum makes an initial fuss but actually is quite glad that we do!

Comment

Sadly KW, in our household I do the cooking and the washing up (dishwasher though).

But it is still true: we offer to do the cooking as well and I think my mum makes an initial fuss but actually is quite glad that we do!
                    ...I'm glad that my partner does the cooking too.....mind you once he starts work (in 2 weeks time) I'll be sharing the washing up.
                    Sadly, no dishwasher

Comment

Working...
                    X