• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any room on the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any room on the bench?

At "one of the world’s leading service companies" 8 contractors including me have just been taken to the meeting room and given 1 weeks notice.. project has been shelved, more reductions are happening elsewhere within the company from what I hear..

any room on that bench?

<chef goes off to look for a comfy cushion>
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

At ClientCo, 41 contractors (me included) have got a 15 minute meeting with the agency on-site here. Not all of them are on my project thank goodness but I was beginning to worry.........

<checks that her C.V. is up-to-date and plumps up the cushions on the sofa at home - but i've been looking for my next gig since the start of the year anyway>
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      At "one of the world’s leading service companies" 8 contractors including me have just been taken to the meeting room and given 1 weeks notice.. project has been shelved, more reductions are happening elsewhere within the company from what I hear..

any room on that bench?

<chef goes off to look for a comfy cushion>
      Good luck chef, make sure the cushion is thick enough to stop the splinters coming though

Comment

Sorry to hear Chef.

Try not to take up too much space as there will be more along soon no doubt.

Comment

That is bad news Chef. Use the next week to hit Jobserve. Good luck in the hunt, you don't want to be sitting on a bench too long.

Comment

I have a feeling you won't be alone.You can sit back and enjoy the first few months. When times are tough the interviews roll in from time to time. Funnily what kept me going was the agents, they're always positive. I know they lie all the time etc. etc. but its still good to hear "great CV", "I want to get it over to the client straight away", "We'll get you in there" comments.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I was told yesterday by the client that my project is being canned (well, delayed indefinitely) so things are looking as if they are coming to an end here very soon too.

Shove up a bit on that bench will you. Ta.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Xenophon and Chef.. whats your skillset?

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  Xenophon and Chef.. whats your skillset?
                  PM
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Comfy bench

Hope the 'virtual' bench is like some of the Premiership football clubs' ones, with Audi-type seats and side-drink holders. Afraid it's going to be a little longer for some this time, that's all. Best of luck to each and everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X