• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Building Societies, going belly up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Societies, going belly up?

A&L and B&B ex building soc.

Oh dear...Northern Rock II and III ? ...or is this just a rogue blog?
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 15 April 2008, 10:57.
    I'm alright Jack

An attempt at another scam a la HBOS?
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

PLC not BS

Just to clarify, you will find that both A & L and B & B are PLC listed in the London SE and are no longer building societies.

Comment

Funny how all these speculative doom articles appear mostly in the "Daily Torygraph"
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I repeat what I have said all along. Instead of nationalising Northern Rock and running down its mortgages from 100 Billion to 50 Billion, the government and BofE should have been putting more funds into the market to aid liquidity and thus people's ability to remortgage, if they wished.

They simply have not done anything like enough and now more banks and building societies could be heading the way of Northern Rock. Lack of money market funding was not Northern Rocks doing but certainly its undoing, and the current extreme lack of liquidity is surely in a major part down to the authorities inaction.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Funny how all these speculative doom articles appear mostly in the "Daily Torygraph"
            Is Blaster the editor?

Comment

Working...
            X